Have you registered for the conference yet?
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE 8 NOVEMBER 2020
This Privacy Notice includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
As a European industry organisation playing a leading role in helping to shape the Digital Society we take the privacy and protection of data and information seriously. We are committed to handling the personal information of those we engage with in a way that is responsible and meets the legal requirements of the countries in which we operate.
This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) sets out FTTH Council Europe ASBL’s approach to safeguarding and maintaining the privacy of the personal information we collect, explains what data is collected, how it is used, the legal basis for its use, and the rights individuals have over that data.
For the purpose of this policy, the following term "Data Protection Legislation" shall mean the Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the "GDPR"), as well as any legislation and/or regulation implementing or created pursuant to the GDPR and the e-Privacy legislation, or which amends, replaces, re-enacts or consolidates any of them, and all other national applicable laws relating to processing of personal data and privacy that may exist under applicable law.
For the purpose of this policy, "controller", "processor", "third party", "supervisory authority", "personal data", "processing", "data subject", shall have the meanings set out in the applicable Data Protection Legislation.
The FTTH Council Europe ASBL is an industry organisation with a mission is to accelerate ubiquitous fibre-based connectivity empowering a leading Digital Society throughout Europe.
This Privacy Notice explains how FTTH Council Europe ASBL collects, uses and protects your personal information. The following company is the controller of the personal information you supply to FTTH Council Europe ASBL:
FTTH Council Europe ASBL, Rue de la Presse 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Contact Person: The Data Controller, FTTH Council Europe – email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +32 (0) 460 97 46 97
This section summarises the personal information that we may collect and use when you register or a third party makes a registration for you to attend our events, conferences and trade shows using the www.ftthconference.eu (or sub-domain of) website.
In this Privacy Notice, the term “personal information” refers to the types of information we may collect and use, which includes:
1. Contact details, including your first name, last name, professional position, job function, company, email address, postal address and telephone number;
2. Gender, educational, nationality, professional background information and interests;
3. Any personal information provided directly by you during a (physical or virtual) event, conference or trade show organized by us.
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
• As contact data which may include individual, member and/or corporate contact data
• In connection with our events and trade show visitors, exhibitors, speakers, conference visitors and attendee data.
We collect personal information when:
• You register for and/or attend our events, conferences, trade shows and/or activities associated with our events
• A third party makes a registration for you to attend our events, conferences, trade shows and/or activities associated with our events
• You ask us for information about one of our events, including through the downloading of a brochure and/or in case you contact us with a question or complaint
• You provide any personal data to us or any of our virtual environment service providers whenever we organize and host a virtual conference or other event
• You are scanned using barcode and/or RFID scanner by us as the event/conference organiser and/or an exhibitor at our event, conference and/or trade show.
This section explains how and why we use personal information.
As we collect and process personal data, the lawful bases we use for this activity in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as required under the Data Protection Legislation are:
• Where it is necessary, for the FTTH Council Europe to enter into or perform a contract with you
• Where the FTTH Council Europe has a legitimate interest to do so, provided your rights do not override these interests
• Where you have consented to the use of your data for the purposes of supplying you with additional email marketing information about our conferences, events and other activities
• Where FTTH Council Europe has a legitimate interest to do so data for the purposes of supplying you with additional email marketing information about our conferences, events and other activities
• Where it is necessary, for you to share data with us to comply with our legal obligations
If you have agreed to participate in one of our events as a sponsor, exhibitor or attendee, personal data is used in connection with the running of the event, to handle payments, invoicing and/or for other purposes, as is necessary to deliver the service and/or for performing the contract entered into.
If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer and contact information, and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by the event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter. We may also make and store a recording of your voice and likeness in certain instances. The FTTH Council Europe relies on a legitimate interest basis for collecting, storing and process this information.
At our events, your name badge may contain some of your personal data that you have provided to us, which may include your name, job title/function and company. When scanned, this information will be made available to us or the relevant exhibitor and processed in the manner as described above. By allowing the exhibitor to scan your badge you are consenting to have GuestOne provide the exhibitor with your contact information and therefore you may be contacted by the exhibitor post-event. If you do not wish the exhibitor to contact you, please communicate this directly with the exhibitor at the event or thereafter.
In addition, we sometimes take photos and videos at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where photos and videos are taken that feature you as an attendee, speaker, sponsor or exhibitor, we may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes unless you have specifically requested in writing that we do not use your photo or video.
Any personal information given to us will be treated with the utmost care and security. This section sets out some of the security measures in place.
A variety of physical and technical measures are used to keep data safe and prevent unauthorised access to and/or use or disclosure of personal information.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to the information, using both physical and electronic means.
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that your personal information is kept secure from unauthorised access, but we cannot guarantee it will be secure during the transmission process to this website because this transmission is not controlled by us. We make use of HTTPS (HTTP Secure) whereby the communication protocol is encrypted via Transport Layer Security for secure communication over a computer network. The website is loaded via HTTPS, represented by the lock icon in your web browser, which ensures the transmission is secure and is demonstrated by a certificate issued by an official security certificate authority to us.
Unless otherwise previously stated, we share the personal information we collect with third parties to assist in the provision of our products and services relating to our conference and events.
For the purpose of organising, hosting and managing our events, conferences and trade shows, we may share your personal data with any event agency contracted by the FTTH Council Europe ASBL, any companies providing exhibition stand building or audio-visual supply services on behalf of FTTH Council Europe ASBL, any conference venue, any sponsors that exhibit at an FTTH event or conference when you access their (physical or virtual) exhibit or when you decide to engage with them, Hotel Booking Services agency, IT service providers, registration service providers and virtual environment service providers in case of virtual events.
Furthermore, we only share personal information with such third parties to the extent necessary for them to provide such assistance.
In some circumstances, we may be legally required to disclose your personal information, because a court, the police, another judicial or law enforcement body, or government entity has asked us for it.
For the purposes described in this policy, your personal data will be kept within the EEA and transferred outside the EEA only to a country or countries which have been recognised by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary and as permitted by applicable laws.
We will retain your personal information while we are using it, as described in the section above and may continue to retain it after these uses have ended where we have a legitimate business purpose.
The length of time for which we will retain personal information will depend on the purposes for which it is retained. After we no longer need to retain your personal information, it will be deleted or securely destroyed.
We wish to ensure you remain in control of your personal information. We seek to ensure that the personal information held about you is accurate and up-to-date.
If at any stage you would like to update or correct such personal information, please email: email@example.com or write to us at: Database Manager, FTTH Council Europe ASBL, Rue de la Presse 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
FTTH Council Europe ASBL operates in countries with data protection laws that may provide individuals the right to be able to access and control their information. We will enable you to exercise those rights as provided by data protection laws.
EU data protection laws give individuals a number of rights, where their data and information is processed by companies established in Europe. Under General Data Protection Regulation these are:
• The right to confirmation whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of and review the personal information we hold. This is known as a subject access request;
• The right to have inaccurate data rectified;
• The right to have your data erased. You have the right to erasure of all the personal data processed by as described herein in case it is no longer needed for the purposes for which the personal data was initially collected or processed or in other instances foreseen in the Data Protection Legislation;
• The right to request the restriction or suppression of personal data in certain circumstances described in the Data Protection Legislation. We will stop using the data but we may continue storing it;
• The right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us, on the basis of consent or performance of a contract, and where technically feasible, transmitted in a common electronic format to you or directly to another company;
• The right to object to the use of your data. Under certain circumstances described in the Data Protection Legislation, you may object to the processing of your personal data, including to the processing for direct marketing purposes;
• The right to withdraw your consent. If your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time you choose and on your own initiative. You can do so by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent.
There are exceptions to the rights above and we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, although there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
Depending on the laws of the country where you live, you may have other rights in respect of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any legal right in respect of your personal information, please contact us via one of the methods set out in section 11 below.
In some cases, we may be entitled to decline a request you have made regarding your personal information, in accordance with application laws. We will explain if that is the case. Otherwise, we will meet your request as promptly as we reasonably can.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
We do not knowingly collect of solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for events, conferences or trade shows.
In the event we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, steps will be taken promptly to remove that information. If you believe that we have or may have information from or about a child under 18 of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our use of your information, please contact us by writing to FTTH Council Europe ASBL, Rue de la Presse 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium - Contact Person: Emilija Borchers, Project Assistant, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +32 (0) 460 97 46 97.
We hope to resolve any privacy concerns you may have. If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you can complain to any supervisory authority or other public body with responsibility for enforcing privacy laws.
To keep up with changing legislation, best practice and changes in how we process personal data, this Privacy Notice may be revised at any time without notice by posting an updated version on this website. We will provide adequate notice of any material changes before they become effective.
No Spam - only FTTH News and FTTH Virtual Conference 2020 information
Interested in Sponsoring the FTTH Virtual Conference 2020?
To download this file, log in with your email address and password.
The FTTH Council Europe provides users with access to a comprehensive library of resources and much more. The entire library is available to members and conference delegates. If you are interested in joining the FTTH Council Europe, Please contact FTTH Council Europe
Incorrect e-mail address and/or password
Login success! Your download will begin in a moment...
You can close this window if your download is saved.